The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme has passed the Parliament and is now open for registration.
Here are some of the key terms below:
- $200 a week for each eligible additional employee aged 16 to 29 years old
- $100 a week for 30 to 35 years old
- Up to 12 months from the date the new position is created
- Last day to create new jobs – 6 Oct 2021
- Paid quarterly in arrears by the ATO (first claim period opens on 1 Feb 2021)
- Holds ABN and Registered for PAYG withholding
- has not claimed JobKeeper payments for a fortnight that started during the JobMaker period
- Satisfies payroll increase and headcount increase conditions
- Reporting up to date through Single Touch Payroll
- is up to date with income tax and GST returns for the two years up to the end of the JobMaker period for which they are claiming
NOTE: Certain entities like Government agencies are ineligible to apply.
Tip: If the entity is not required to register for GST, they are not required to do so to be eligible for JobMaker Hiring Credits.
- Started after 7 Oct 2020
- Must have been receiving JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance (Other) or Parenting Payment for at least one of the previous three months, assessed on the date of employment. Employees also need to have worked for a minimum of 20 hours per week of paid work to be eligible, averaged over a quarter, and can only be eligible with one employer at a time.